Job description – Computer Program Facilitator
Richmond Women’s Resource Centre (RWRC) ‘s goal is to provide community-based resource options to help women build connections and thrive in their community. Through a supportive environment, we encourage women to empower themselves and enhance their lives through our training programs, peer support groups and community partnerships.
We are looking for a computer program facilitator to help teach women in our community various computer skills ranging from basic computer functions to advanced questions regarding Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be in charge of facilitating RWRC Computer Training – Tech Talk (weekly class)
- Be in charge of facilitating Computer Training in Work Ready program
- Host computer workshops such as LinkedIn Workshop
- Answer different levels of computer questions
- Make sure to create a fun and engaging learning environment
Required Work/Education Experiences
- Previous experience with facilitating programs or teaching is an asset
- Previous community service experience is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or technology-related field is required
- Second Language: Mandarin or Cantonese is required
- Patient and have some experience working with older populations
- Advanced knowledge in all computer and other technology’s basic functions
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Words etc.)
- Knowledge about creating a LinkedIn account is required (for workshop purposes)
- Knowledge in other software/websites such as Photoshop, iMovie and Canva is an asset
- Part-time hours: Approximately 12-18 hours per month
- Job Type: Part-time
- Salary: $19.00-$20.00 per hour
- COVID-19 considerations: Currently, all of the programs are virtual. All classes will be taught online.
This job posting is also available as a Word document (.docx)
Send your resume to: email@example.com